So, Apple finally announced their new iPhone – iPhone 5
I’m sure you want to know so here are the important bits
- 16:9 4-inch panoramic screen that runs at 1136 x 640 pixels.
- 7.6mm thickness.
- Weighs 112 grams.
- 4G/LTE Compatible (Network Dependant)
- 802.11n WiFi.
- A6 processor
- Improved Battery – 8 hours of 3G talk time, 8 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, 30 hours of video and 225 hours of standby.
- 8 megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture.
- Sapphire crystal lens cover.
- Panorama mode
- 1080p HD video capture w/ face detection and the ability to take still photos while recording video.
- Front facing camera now is 720p again with face detection and FaceTime over mobile network.
- Three microphones—on the front, back and bottom.
- Speakers have gone from three to five magnet transducers which will give a much better quality of sound.
- New Connector called Lightning.
- The pricing for the three different models is as follows, 16GB iPhone 5 will be £529, the 32GB iPhone 5 will be £599 and the 64GB iPhone 5 will be £699.
Pre-orders start this Friday (14th) and released a week later on September 21 in the UK.
I can’t wait, I’m off on Friday so I will be perched on top of my computer as soon as the iPhone becomes available for purchase!
Some of you may know that I haven’t had a phone since the end of August and I have been recording a video diary about this ORDEAL which I will be sharing on the day of the iPhone launch, subscribe to my channel and catch it when it’s released!